Thursday, May 19, 2016

Can It Do That?

Teri Davis wrote a review of my MAIL-ORDER KID, that popular biography of mine. Midwest Book Review then published her review in the May 2016 issue of its online book review magazine.

Teri wrote a generous review. She calls my biography "enthralling" and sums up, "This book is for everyone to read, reflect, learn, and enjoy."

Then, certainly without intending to, Teri gave me an advanced lesson in geography. She's from Oregon WI.

What? WI? Shouldn't that be WA? 

My Google search reminded me that Oregon is a state, not a town.

So how did Oregon get in Wisconsin? Quite a trick, I thought.

Trickier than I imagined. Did Teri mean Oregon the town? Or Oregon the village?

Yes, there are two. And one's inside the other. That is, Oregon the village is mostly inside the town. 

I felt the way I feel watching gymnastics on Facebook: I didn't know a body could twist that way.

There's more. Oregon the town or Oregon the village has been listed as one of the "100 Best Small Places to Live." I didn't wait to find out which. Or maybe both. I'd had enough geography for one day.  

  






No comments:

Post a Comment