Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Got No Time for Nothin’ Anymore



Maybe it's my shoes. 

I'm not kidding. 

When I presented my narrow feet in the store my doctor recommended, the clerk refused to sell me shoes without ties. "You need ties to bind your shoes to those skinny feet of yours." 

But think of the time I could save using Velcro!

Or maybe it's my glasses. 

I own one pair for everyday and one for the computer. Each pair requires a case. "Be sure you use the cases," my optometrist cautioned. "That way you won't have to clean your glasses so often." But the hours I waste switching glasses and cases, hunting nor only for the mislaid spectacle, but also for its absent case! 

Or my pills. Once I took none, but various doctors intervened. Now it's levothyroxine in the morning (and wait 30 minutes before you eat anything), and simvastatin at bedtime, and the rest of the vitamins and prescription drugs scattered with meals three times a day. 

Every week I sort pills into boxes, a big blue box for the dining room pills and a little white box for the bedroom pills. Seems like I'm always sorting pills or looking for a box or swallowing pills. Oh, the time wasted!

Or I suppose it could be my chronic dehydration which makes me drink twenty-plus cups of water a day to keep my piss as transparent as the urologist ordered. All that filling of glasses and downing water does use a lot of time.

Or it could be the exercises. 

Oh, it's not the basic exercises, the stretches, the weights, the cardio, though that does use up an easy hour a day, seven days a week. 

It's the add ons. 

Each time I see a doctor, she adds on an exercise for me to perform. So in addition to my regular exercises, I do an Epley maneuver to halt dizziness, rotary cuff exercises, bladder squeezes (2 drills x 3 times), five different finger workouts to offset rheumatism, a variety of tinnitus gymnastics, two nightly foot exercises to wake up my numb feet, and a thirty-part workout repeated three times, twice a day, to straighten my posture. 


Or maybe it's just my bad habit of listening to medical people.



No comments:

Post a Comment