Thursday, March 16, 2017

On His Way to Prison


In Washington D.C. on a gloomy drizzly March day, Chuckie O'Brien drove his step-father, Jimmy Hoffa, to the federal building to surrender to the U.S. marshals.

 "There's going to be a mob of media folk at the front door," Chuckie warned. "Let me drive you around back." 

Jimmy refused. "I never ran away from anybody and I'll be damned if I'm gonna start now. Drive this son of a bitch right up to the front door."

There March 7, 1967, Jimmy faced microphones and cameras. 

Afterwards, marshals prepared him for his 192-mile trip to the federal penitentiary. 

They handcuffed his wrists, put him in the back seat of a dark blue Pontiac, and chained his legs to the floor. 

Jimmy tucked his raincoat over his chained hands and legs, to conceal his humiliation.

from:
THAT PUNK JIMMY HOFFA!
  I Watched My Dad Beat the Teamsters
             A Daughter's Memoir
              by Marilyn June Coffey

Publication Date: July 30 
the date Hoffa "disappeared"



No comments:

Post a Comment