Saturday, September 3, 2016

DEAD BUGS


Went to the State Fair last Friday. Saw more dead bugs on pins than I'd seen in a coon's age.

At the fair, I posed as a Specimen Author for the Nebraska Writers' Guild booth which was staffed by poet Charlene Neely. The other Specimen Author was raconteur Steve Bruttig, selling his book, First and Foremost: The Book of Origins and Controversies. If you meet him, get him to tell you his story about condoms at a kiddie's party.

My latest book, Thieves, Rascals & Sore Losers, sold like hot cakes at the fair. I've been hearing good things about the book. The best thing is that folks laugh a lot when they read Thieves.

Here's what reviewer Bonnye Reed Fry wrote:

"Thieves Rascals & Sore Losers.is an honest, intimate, enlightening review of the folks who settled and populated that part of the Louisiana Purchase that became the great state of Nebraska. 

"I laughed till I cried, it is in places that funny. 

"And, truthfully, it is joyous to read of an American state population who can top New Mexico in the fiercely independent populous and dirty tricks government men. I now feel a kinship with the cornhusker state."


No comments:

Post a Comment