Thursday, December 8, 2016

I laughed till I cried

I suspect most writers, like me, are delighted whenever they learn what a reader thinks of their writing. 

NetGalley did me just such a favor when it sent me a couple of its recent reviews. 

Here's one by Bonnye Reed Fry who lives in New Mexico.

THIEVES, RASCALS & SORE LOSERS is an honest, intimate, enlightening review of the folks who settled and populated that part of the Louisiana Purchase that became the great state of Nebraska. I laughed till I cried, it is in places that funny. And, truthfully, it is joyous to read of an American state population who can top New Mexico in the fiercely independent populous and dirty tricks government men. I now feel a kinship with the cornhusker state.

Librarian Aric Monkman gave THIEVES five stars with a promise to recommend my book to book clubs, Readers' Advisory, and her own library.

And Kristine Fisher notes: While not necessarily taking on a "gosh darn varmit" tone, its story-length chapters feel almost like they're verbally transcribed.

Nice, huh.





No comments:

Post a Comment